In school I never liked working in groups. It was too hard to communicate a vision and have a few people carry it out. It's hard to get people to share a vision, do work on time and make it look and sound cohesive. I found that I was either withdrawn from group work or a dictator when it came to organization. I have an all-or-nothing approach to working with others and it's coming to my attention again. I just don't trust others to do things the way I would (my perceived "right way") so I do it all myself or don't do any of it.
Are you like that? Or do you like group work? What's your style?
---
As for the bag portion of this post, I am looking for a new handbag. My old ones are dirty beyond cleaning, torn and mended over several times, or cheap-looking and a poor investment (to the thrift store they go!).
The new bag has to be perfect. Neutral enough to go with everything, but spunky enough to make me proud to carry it/seem as an individual. Big enough to hold normal purse things as well as emergency shoes and a lunch (I commute in the city, so there is no "backseat/trunk space" in which to stash my stuff). It has to be also be small enough to not be too heavy when I have to walk miles a day (sometimes). It has to be durable. It has to have clean lines and not a lot of fringe/adornments. It has to be classic looking and say "I'm a professional," and, "I'm cool without trying too hard". It would also be nice if it were ethically made, eco friendly and/or recycled.
I was looking for something like this from ASOS:
This is still all wrong though. Not unique. That dang lock just danglin' would bother me. Looks large and heavy to me. Uncomfortable corners and possibly not a supple leather.
When I saw this on etsy:
Handmade
Small, woman-owned business (even if it costs some oil to ship it from Thailand)
Unique in color, style, source (so it is unlikely that someone will have this exact bag)
Nylon (lightweight, waterproof and easy to clean)
Pretty and professional (have you ever seen a giant bow look so subtle?)
Large, but dainty looking
Doesn't cost a fortune (I was preparing to spend a fortune for the first time in my life on a bag!)
Winner.

