I spent the past few days in Nicaragua [San Juan Del Sur] with my husband and 2 friends. Have a look and be jealous!
Tip One: Wear Sunscreen. And when that doesn't work, sit in the shade.
Tip Two: Take time to stop and smell the sunset. I love this photo of a woman doing her sun salutation yoga as the sun in setting.
Tip Three: Don't forget to take photos of people as well as landscapes.
Tip Four: Detox when you get back. Raw vegan for me this time around.
I'm not the best person to give vacation advice. I've learned through the years that I don't travel well and am still negotiating the best way to take a vacation (travel, stay-cation, short-stay, desert/mountain/warm/cold?).
Can I tell you something, friends? I have some guilt about vacation. I feel like I don't "do" vacation well and that's both sad for me and frustrating for those I'm with. There were a series of factors I could blame (sun poisoning, a few bumps to the head while surfing, my digestive system getting out of whack every-single-time, or the lack of alone time), but I wonder if I am just missing whatever it is that makes people enjoy travel. The perfect storm of fun-loving people and fresh experiences still can't pull me from my funk about it.
I love time off of work. I love seeing new things. I love eating fun food. I also love coming back to my familiar home and be able to do things the way I'm used to.
I read about vacation depression here. Basically, if you take a trip that doesn't align with your personality, it can cause more stress than stress-relief. I don't think that this applies to me since I don't see a pattern for the types of vacations that stress me out. The only common denominator for my travel is me ... and that makes it all the more embarrassing.
What about you all? Do you struggle with travel at all? Have any of you had the 'perfect vacation' that just blew all other trips out of the water?
You are also free to comment and tell me I'm straight-trippin', boo.
Song Suggestion: Merry Happy by Kate Nash