I have a good excuse! I got married on Friday to, well, a boy and then took a few days off after an open house and baby baptism to recoup and try and sleep through the night. We're still working on all of those fronts.
Today's common sense inspiration comes to us via The Offbeat Bride Blog.
The Offbeat Bride has given us some brill common sense when it comes to pulling off a wedding. Some tips that I can add are:
- Pick people to help you execute ideas that are self-starters and don't need a lot of hand-holding (Thanks to my independent peeps: Mekey, Bebe, Emily, Chelsey, Kay, my mom, my mom-in-law, etc...)
- Take a few days off around your wedding. I know, this act means you are succumbing to the ridiculousness of weddings and letting them dictate your time (or lack thereof), but why not take an extra day to get your nails done and pamper yourself... or run around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to do some last minute gift wrapping or pillow sham shopping... your choice.
- Take no one's advice. Everyone has an opinion. Screw 'em (yes, that includes me... but don't screw me... I'm married...). Someone's "must have" is another person's "can't afford" so tell everyone to take a hike and do it your way. Or your parents way. Or your inlaws way. Cause really, some weddings are more about the families than the bride and groom anyway.

They had a ring BEAR!
Check out The Offbeat Bride for some hope when it comes to wedding b-sh*t. I love this blog because they are wedding-centered without being traditional (all the time anyway), closed-minded, expected or downright crazy. Weddings can be wonderful or they can be... well, nevermind.
Oh, and did I mention they swear?