'tis only 9:30 (on Wednesday, I know I'm late) and I am thumb-penning this in bed from my phone. Between the w's of life (wedding, work, when's-Jesus-comin'-back-so-I-can-take-a-load-off-already?!), blogging has fallen by the wayside. Boo.
Anyway, down to bit-ness.
While weekend dates are more formal and straightforward, weeknight dates for drinks can be less clear. Here are some tips to be a weeknight datin' fool.
1) be early. If you're meeting up after work, give yourself plenty of time to be early so that you can secure a table/seat at the bar. Even if this means pushing your date back 15 min when you schedule it.
2) although weeknight dates are more relaxed typically, try to give it the same treatment you would a weekend date. If you bring flowers normally, do that.
3) order food. This may seem obvious but if you are coming from work and going straight to get drinks, at least get an appetizer for BOTH of your sakes.
4) don't make them watch you eat dinner. If your date isn't interested in getting dinner even at your urging, don't force it. No one likes to watch another person eat. If you cannot wait to eat, consider cutting the date short. Think I'm harsh? You choose. Your date or your dinner.
5) bedtime. No, not the sexy kind. Know when to quit so that they see you as responsible enough to want you both to have a productive day at work following the date.
6) pick a quieter place if you can so you can make the most of your conversation. Clubs are for Saturdays... And douche bags.
7) capitalize on a happy hour special or byob place. Any date worth their salt will appreciate you saving some paper (get it... Salt and paper? *note to self- copyright that as a band name.) Use the extra cash to spring for a cab. Your dates workday tootsies will thank you.
8) which brings me to cabs. If it's late or can just swing it to be nice, get your date a cab and prepay the driver for them. It'll help you end on a high note when the last impression they get of you is a thoughtful gesture.
9) don't blog on melatonin.
10) order the fish.
Gaga and I say goodnight to all the little monsters of the world.