Don't get me wrong. I'm still mad enough to leave the blog black. But I have to tell you about perfectionism.
Just like the type A personality, people flaunt "perfectionism" like its a hot trait.
"I'm a perfectionist," they boast.
But letsa break-dis-down.
If you truly are a perfectionist, do you not pour over details that no one else will notice until you miss the deadline?
Do you shoot for perfection over completion?
Do you give up something/someone good in hopes that great comes along? That is even exists? Will you even know? Can you even control the extent of "great"?
And what if you and your microscope are happily plotting, stitching, assessing, ripping and re-stitching all the live-long of your days? Are you really a perfectionist, then?
Or are you just obsessed with reiteration.
[period, no question.]
---
I've handed in some shotty work as of late. Proud, I am not. Better, could be. But done? She is a beautiful thing. Sometimes you just have to realize you've covered yourself to the waist in mud. Then accept it, shower, and decide steer clear of the pit.
Weary of any mud in your day? Here is something excellent to look at:
See the whole tour and wonderful dog here.
