I am in day 6 of 7 of being alcohol free - just to give my body a break and focus on rest and hydration. So maybe it's that, but I also think that I'm feeling extra sober this week on behalf of humanity.
I've noticed an unusual amount of people asking for thoughts and prayers for ill loved ones lately. I, myself, have petitioned you.
I admire the shift that's happening in our (the general public's) approach to tragedy. I hope media and global leaders follow suit.
I also admire those who use their powers for good. I welcome the reminder that labeling is dangerous. "Hackers" aren't all bad and "churches" are hardly all good.
My good friends took to Twitter to ask for prayers, for blood donations and for respect of public service workers in West, Texas. What a testament to the spirit of firemen and policemen to get to turn away help.
I'm feeling increasingly hopeful in humanity this week. And I'm happy that this blog isn't monetized so I can still say whatever I want.
What are you thinking about?
---
(Sorry this post isn't funny. You want funny?)