Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Flip-It Friday: Intro/Extro and Life is Short

Are you an introvert or an extrovert (or maybe an ambivert)? What does that explain about you that you didn't know before? Has labeling yourself as one or the other closed you off to experiences or changed your behavior?

It's not really the type of "Flip-It Friday" that we're all used to. I'm not asking you for advice. I am, however, just wondering what its like out there for everyone else.

I hated group projects in school growing up and found it difficult to be a receptionist as I felt like I had to be socially "on" all the time. I was resistant to even have a wedding (mind you, I was fine with marriage, but the whole wedding thing... no), but don't consider myself shy as I was an actor all through high school and have no problem walking up to strangers at a bar or flagging down the waitress for more ketchup. I hate talking on the phone.

How about you?

---

In other news, we had our inspection yesterday on our new house (first house we will ever own!).

View from balcony at the front of the building

The Mr. and the inspector and the kitchen. The seller's agent's elbow is visible at the Mr.'s right hip. That agent has a twisted-up Irish name and accent to match!




The hallway is to the left of the kitchen. The door on the left is the 2nd bathroom. The french doors on the right will be the office, the next set of doors on the right are the 2nd bedroom and a hall closet and the door at the end is the master.

I didn't get any good pics of the master. I barely got good pics of the rest of the house with my phone.

 Balcony. 

 2nd bathroom.

Living room with built-ins, fireplace and wired for surround sound. Holla! This room is at the front of the house. You walk through it to get to the balcony.

I was going to skip the inspection in favor of working out and trying to get some alone time, but I knew that this was going to be my only opportunity to go inside the place until closing. When some people started getting fired at my office (planned and necessary, but still gives an ominous feel), I took that as a sign to seize the day and go to the inspection. Life is short.

The Mr. and I had dinner in our new 'hood on a patio. There were tattooed hipsters, young professionals and families everywhere in all shapes and colors (and one Rastafarian on an elevated, 3-person bike!). There are tons of restaurants, shops and even a Starbucks in walking distance from our new place. We don't have that where we live now and I remarked about the urban feel we were getting back after a year and a half on the south side in a Hispanic neighborhood.

"We're in the city again!"

Our soon-to-be train stop.