Saturday
What: The Peggy Notebart Nature Museum
Why I went: Mr. S took me
About: Interactive and historical nature museum that accurately reps the Midwest. Reminded me of being home. The butterfly exhibit had the most spectacular bugs and birds.
Best for: The young and the young a heart.
Thumbs: Up
me, backwards program and a black and orange butterfly
exotic birds
No instagram-tweaking, that b'fly is that blue
Sunday
What: Dose Market
Why I went: A Cup of Jo blogged about it
About: A day of food and fashion. Toted validated parking, a free drink with ticket and pre-sale tix were only $8 ($10 at the door.)
Best for: People with a ton of money, a flask in their pocket and/or nothing better to do.
Thumbs: Down
I arrived 10 minutes early and had to struggle to get someone's attention at the door. The drink tickets didn't work for non-alcoholic drinks (woe is me, can't a sober girl get a cup of coffee!?). And my "validated ticket" didn't work in the designated parking garage and I had to pay $18 bucks for 20 minutes of parking.
lay of the land
umbrellas, painted, on the ceiling
Great American Cheese Collection. I can go to their warehouse and not have to spend $26 just to get in the door.
I will NOT be returning on April 15th.
My view from the top as they were still setting up their $45 body scrubs and $160 earrings.