Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Common Sense on a Blogroll Wednesday (Really Thursday, but I'm behind)

Nothing like just being behind a day all week.

Here's my common sense for the week: Just because it has a coupon, doesn't mean you buy it.

Two for one deoderant? $.50 off toilet paper? $25 for $50 worth of cajun food? yes, yes, YES!

20% off Pampers? No, I dont really need that. I can draw the line there.

In the age of extreme couponing and recession-uber-budgeting, people are getting crazy for coups. Stockpiling your house (like, even under your kids beds and the spare shower) and buying a store out of an item to make some cash are two extremes that one must really not take lightly. It may seem thrifty and cute, but what is the line between extreme couponer and hoarder? I'm not sure where it is, but I think its very thin and probably underneath a couple of 1976 toasters and a dead cat.

Its not only a sticky situation to hoard/stockpile/whatever-you-white-wash-it-to-be, but its also costly. Yes even couponing can end up costing your more money if you are just buying things for the sake of saving on them. Its like you're addicted to saving while shopping, which is just another type of shopping addiction. Is probably another TLC show... haha!

A good blog for daily coups.

Sign up to recieve restaurant deals and reservations at VillageVines.com. Use the code name "Maddison" and get 30% off your entire bill - booze included!

And here's one I've enjoyed using: